The MPI for Molecular Plant Physiology in Potsdam is looking for
a Postdoc (m/f/d)
in the group „Root Biology and Mycorrhiza” of Prof. Dr. Caroline Gutjahr. The position is available immediately.
Background: The project aims at understanding the role of a receptor and its ligand in the development of a plant-fungal symbiosis called arbuscular mycorrhiza, in which plants and fungi exchange nutrients. The project will focus on the mechanistic function of the receptor and ligand in the symbiosis. The work will involve handling of plants and fungi and have a focus on protein biochemistry and small molecule function.
What we expect:
The project is not suitable for persons with a background in ecology, agronomy or agricultural sciences, except if this background includes a strong training in protein biochemistry or analytical chemistry.
- A doctoral degree (or being close to its finalization) in Biology, Biochemistry or a related subject, preferably with a specialization in plant biochemistry or plant molecular biology
- Experience in:
- Protein biochemical methods, especially for receptor-ligand interactions and/or in analytical chemistry
- Molecular biology techniques
- Handling of plants and/or fungi
- Statistical and/or bioinformatics data evaluation methods
- A minimum of one first author publication in a respected international research journal
- Very good command of English (oral and written)
- Curiosity, a strong motivation to excel in science, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A collaborative mind-set and good communication skills
- Efficiency and good organizational skills
- A positive attitude towards interacting with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
What we offer:
- Postdoc position for initially two years with possibility for extension, paid according to German public service pay scale (E13 TVöD Bund)
- Support and mentoring for scientific and career development
- A stimulating environment in a dynamic, international team of cooperative and motivated scientists
- Access to the infrastructure of one of the leading plant science institutes
- Working in the beautiful town of Potsdam and near by the exciting urban area of Berlin
How to apply: For further information please contact Caroline Gutjahr. If you want to know more about the institute or the group, please have a look on our homepages at:
Application will be assessed on a rolling basis and will be accepted before 30th Novmeber 2023. Please use “postdoc position AM” in your subject.
Interested candidates should submit
through the application system:
- a Motivation letter explaining why you are interested in the project, in joining the group and why you are the right person to make progress in the field
- a Publication list
- a CV including contact details for minimum two scientific references